HakiRasilimali (HR) is a platform of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) incorporated as a non-profit company working on strategic issues around minerals, oil and gas extraction in Tanzania envisaging to become more effective in influencing extractive industries related policies, laws practices in the country. The platform is also affiliated to Publish What You Pay (PWYP), a global membership-based coalition of civil society organizations (CSOs) in over forty countries united in their call for an open and accountable extractive sector.
HR wishes to recruit a consultant to conduct the Situational Analysis of the Extractives Sector amid Covid 19.
Job Tittle: Consultant.
Duration: 25 days after signing of the contract
Working station: Dar es Salaam.
Nature of the work: Consultancy
Purpose of the Position: HR wishes to engage a consultant to conduct a situational analysis of the Extractive Sector amid Covid 19. The consultant is expected to conduct the situational analysis by extracting information from HR members based on their thematic areas of information. The consultant is also expected to conduct a desk review to add more information on the analysis. The consultant is lastly expected to produce a report of the analysis with key findings and recommendations, if any.
Terms of references: Key duties and Responsibilities.
- To participate in a 2 day workshop/dialogue of HR members and stakeholders and extract information from members and stakeholders.
- To conduct a desk review/research.
- To produce the analysis report.
- To submit the analysis report
Reporting and Documentation
The consultant will report to and consult with the Executive Director regarding the approval of all deliverables, guidance during the execution of the mandate.
- Assessment of the potential economic impacts of Covid-19 pandemic on extractive sector.
- To map out existing response and mitigation interventions against Covid-19.
- Assess the level of risk for resource on government, companies, women, labor and resource dependent communities
Key Qualifications and Experience
- At least Master’s Degree in social science, Research or any related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in conducting research and/or analysis
- Demonstrated ability in leading the monitoring, evaluation and Learning activities.
- Experience in designing tools, data collection, statistical analysis, qualitative methodology.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of the extractive sector.
- Previous experience working in similar organisational context.
NB: Demonstrate understanding of and experience in one or more of the following will be of added advantage: 1) Prior experience in conducting research and analysis 2) Baseline knowledge in the extractive industry.
How to apply: –
If you fit the above criteria, you are invited to submit the following: (a) a cover letter clearly stating in 200 words or less for vacancy you are applying for, why you want this consultancy part time job and consider yourself suitable for it, (b) expected consultant fee (c) 2-3 references, (d) an updated CV which includes your complete contact details, and (e) sample (no more than 2500 words) of your written work in Kiswahili or English related to research and analysis.
All applications should be submitted to HakiRasilimali no later than 10th July 2020 to the email address: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org Application materials will be retained by HakiRasilimali and cannot be returned. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
READ MORE: TOR SITUATIONAL ANALYSIS ON COVID 19