Extractive resources-industrialisation linkages: Opportunities, challenges and lessons for Tanzania
INVITATION FOR BIDS
HakiRasilimali is a platform of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) incorporated as a non-profit company working on strategic issues around minerals, oil and gas extraction in Tanzania envisaging to become more effective in influencing extractive industries related policies, laws and practices in the country. HakiRasilimali is affiliated to Publish What You Pay (PWYP), a global membership-based coalition of civil society organizations (CSOs) in over forty countries united in their call for an open and accountable extractive sector.
Tanzania committed to realizing its Development Vision by 2025, among others, catalysing on its resource endowment to bolster industrialization. The confidence in promoting a resource-based industrialization strategy stems from the country’s rich natural resource endowments. Tanzania is not only endowed with gold and natural gas for which it is famously known but also a range of other industrial minerals, metals and other mineral resources. Minerals such as gold, iron ore, nickel, copper, cobalt, silver, diamond, Tanzanite, ruby, garnet, limestone, soda ash, gypsum, salt, phosphate, gravel, sand, dimension stones and graphite, coal and uranium, natural gas and helium gas are abundantly found in several regions of Tanzania.
With such resource abundance and the government’s agenda on industrialization, HakiRasilimali therefore, seeks to engage a consultant/research or academic institutions who will work closely with HakiRasilimali research and analysis working group.
The research is to analyse linkages between extractive resources and industrialisation within the context of Tanzania’s. To this end,
- The consultant is expected to submit a full analysis report detailing key issues on the linkages between extractive resources and industrialisation.
- The consultant will submit a short analytical piece, not more than 10 pages, summarising the key issues in the literature and providing key policy option/recommendations to inform HakiRasilimali engagement and advocacy strategy and note areas for further research.
HakiRasilimali invite research consultant/research or academic institution to bid. The bid should contain the following information:
- Name of consultant/research or academic institution bidding and relevant experience (CV).
- Upon submission of the applications, applicants must guarantee or provide an assurance on written form the ability to acquire a research permit.
- A brief outline of the consultant’s understanding of the subject matter – research tittle, and propose methodology to undertake the assessment, explaining how the researcher will meeting research Objectives;
- Budget which will include the consultancy fee and work plan
DURATION & DELIVERABLES
The consultants will be responsible for delivering the first draft research report in two month after been contracted.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All Bids should be forwarded to HakiRasilimali no later than 21st of June 2019 to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 38486,
Dar es Salaam
Mobile: +255 745 655 655