On behalf of HakiRasilimali, PF seeks to hire a consultant(s) to assess and document lessons emanating from the initial two years after the enactment of the Tanzania Extractive Industries Transparency & Accountability Act (TEITA Act, 2015). The Act offers a huge opportunity to improve the management of these resources and restore public trust and create a more stable investment climate. What has been achieved? What are the Challenges?
To this end, PF and HakiRasilimali invite bids from reputable consultants to undertake the assessment.
The research questions the proposed study asks are the following:
- What is the evidence concerning the effectiveness in implementation of the TEITA Act in the governance of natural resources in Tanzania?
- How has performance been influenced by change agents like civil society organizations or influenced by donor programmes and projects?
- What are the mediating (explanatory) mechanisms involved in observed performance trends?
- What underlying factors in the political system and wider society influenced the trends observed?The bid should contain the following information:
- Name of consultant bidding and relevant experience (CV);
- A brief outline of the researchers’ understanding of the EITI standards and TEITA Act 2015, proposed methodology to undertake the assessment, explaining how the researcher will address the questions listed above;
- The consultancy feeMODE OF APPLICATION
Bids should be forwarded to HakiRasilimali no later than 10th May 2018 to the email address: email@example.com
Read more: ASSESSMENT OF TEITA SINCE ENACTMENT 2015