HakiRasilimali (HR) also affiliated to the Global Publish What You Pay (PWYP), is a platform of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) incorporated as a non-Governmental Organisation working on strategic issues around minerals, oil and gas extraction in Tanzania. It envisages in enhancing transparency and accountability within the sector by supportinmg collective learning and influencing related policies , laws and practices in the country.
Job Tittle: Monitoring, evaluation and Learning – Consultant.
Duration: June-December 2020
Working station: Dar es Salaam.
Nature of the work: Part time (consultant)
Purpose of the Position:
2020 marks the last year of HakiRasilimali strategic implementation plan (2017-2020). In this phase, HR wishes to engage a MEL consultant for the purpose of the following terms;
- Facilitating the review of its current strategic plan;
- Monitor and evaluate all activity interventions and tract progress against expected outcomes, results and performance indicators for the purpose of development of interventions for the new strategic plan.
- The consultant is expected to develop tools and provide internal advisory support on organizational learning as well to ensure timely and accurate reporting by all program team and assist in compilation of progress reports.
- Coordinate the implementation of evaluations and review of HakiRasilimaliStrategic Plan.
- Prepare and review monitoring tools for data collection
- Provide technical support and training on MEL to Secretariat staff.
- Develop ToRs and supervise the review process of some of the flagship programs ie. Jukwaa la Uziduaji (Tanzania Extractive Industries Conference), among others.
- Ensure proper documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and success case stories.
- Identify gaps in HakiRasilimali program execution and propose solutions to improve its outcomes.
- Share learning from MEL process with the secretariat staff and the network in their advocacy work
Reporting and Documentation
- Ensure the reporting adheres to M&E Framework
- Ensure the data quality of the reports
- Consolidate outcome harvesting for the four-year HakiRasilimaliprogram implementation.
- Identify and document case stories on the advocacy work, lessons and produce success stories.
- Prepare MEL workplan and budget.
- Assist program team to develop annual work plans to adhere to the new strategic plan
- Develop the quarterly review mechanism to track the progress in implementation of the annual plans.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in social science, Research /Monitoring and evaluation or any related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems
- Demonstrated ability in leading the monitoring, evaluation and Learning activities.
- Experience in designing survey tools, data collection, statistical analysis, qualitative methodology.
- Experience using statistical software package or database. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel in particular.
- Previous experience working in similarorganisational context.
- Experience and understanding of effective dissemination and communication of research/evaluation findings within both internal and external organisational settings.
- NB: Demonstrate understanding of and experience in one or more of the following will be of added advantage: 1) experience in advocacy and policy engagement strategies 2) expertise in public policy implementation strategies 3) Baseline knowledge in the extractive industries and gender issues.
How to apply: –
If you fit the above criteria, you are invited to submit the following: (a) a cover letter clearly stating in 200 words or less for vacancy you are applying for, why you want this consultancy part time job and consider yourself suitable for it, (b) expected consultant fee per month, (c) 2-3 references, (d) an updated CV which includes your complete contact details, and (e) sample (no more than 2500 words) of your written work in Kiswahili or English related to MEL.
All applications should be submitted to HakiRasilimali no later than 11th of May 2020 to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com Application materials will be retained by HakiRasilimali and cannot be returned, only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
 A global membership-based coalition of civil society organizations (CSOs) in over forty countries united in their call for an open and accountable extractive sector.