HakiRasilimali also affiliated to the global Publish What You Pay (PWYP), is a platform of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) incorporated as a non-profit company working on strategic issues around minerals, oil and gas extraction in Tanzania. Its main aim is centered in enhancing transparency and accountability in the governance of the mining, oil and natural gas sectors in Tanzania.
In order to complement some of its work, HakiRasilimali is looking for a competent person to fill the position of Research and Policy officer.
Position: Research & Policy Officer (1 post)
- Research and analysis: The Research and Policy Officer is expected in collaboration with the Coordinator to supervise HakiRasilimali research and analysis projects from the planning stages to project completion.
- In collaboration with the team, the Research and Policy Officer is expected to identify research project goals or themes, develop concept notes, research methods and topics, variables, and other test parameters. Advising on data collection, analysis methods and providing recommendations on evaluating research projects and publications.
- To collect, analyzing and disseminate data in relation to research and analysis findings
- To coordinate the research and Analysis working group for HakiRasilimali. Packaging information in a way that it can be understood by all.
- Assembling, interpreting and analyzing extractive related information received and to be shared to the wider audience through fact sheets and policy briefs.
- Oversee the procurement and supervision of research consultants
- Assist the coordinator in any other program related duties as may be assigned.
- A broad understanding of the context of the Mining, oil and Natural Gas sectors in Tanzania.
- A broad range of problem-solving skills in research and public policy;
- Excellent and appropriate inter-personal, communication and persuasive skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability translate policy concepts into real-world behaviors and vice versa in a variety of contexts.
- Functions well in teams and works productively with diverse groups of people at all levels.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to critical issues in the Tanzanian policy environment at local and national level especially in the context of extractive sector.
- Excellent language skills, verbally and in writing in English and Swahili.
- Results-focused and value-driven.
- Astute and sensitive to detail
- Basic IT skills – Office systems, presentations, extensive use of the internet for research.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in social sciences, law, public policy, governance, or a related field. Master’s degree in the related field is an added advantage
- Experience in working on policy issues related issues.
- Experience in working with the Tanzanian civil society working on advocacy issues.
- Experience in forming and sustaining productive professional relationships with different stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in one or more of the following:
- Data collection and analysis
- Statistical computer software programs
- Qualitative data research
- Quantitative data sets
- Project management
ALL interested applicants need to send the following:
(a) A cover letter clearly stating in 200 words or less why you want this job and consider yourself suitable for it,
(b) Salary history, (c) 2-3 references, (d) an updated CV which includes your complete contact details, and (e) 1 sample (no more than 2500 words) of your written work. Application materials will be retained by HakiRasilimali and cannot be returned.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit their application to HakiRasilimali through the email address email@example.com NO LATER THAN 20th OF JANUARY 2020:
NB: No applications will be assessed if not sent directly to the email address provided above